Author: Lucky

Read-only
Total: 804
coal
Debates: 6
coal
-->
@Zaradi
I'll tell you where I'm at with Ragnar and why; make up your own mind and tell me whether you agree.   

On a very high level, Ragnar has shown the least interest of anyone here in posting reads, reading and engaging with the DP, and sorting scum and town from one another.  Adding to that the fact that he is not engaging with anyone, his thought process isn't even evolving; it's not even happening, which raises the obvious question of why.  Why isn't his thought process evolving and why is the only actual scum read he has made being based on OMGUS logic against Sui?  Looks to me like it's because he knows, which is why his reads aren't evolving as the facts develop. 

The reads he posts, few as they are, are not even reads but summaries of activity which look more like he is trying to appear to engage in pro-town actions but he can't get past the fact that he knows the affiliations and he has other things going on.  He says he is willing to sheep you or Danielle, and that would be very convenient if it turned out that either of you pushed a mislynch.  If you're right he gets the credit for being on the lynch; if you're wrong he claims that it was you guys and not him that made the error and he uses the fact that he was sheeping to avoid suspicion on him.  Except that's not how it works.  If he was sheeping you because he actually agreed with your reads/analysis then that would be one thing, but he isn't saying that at all.   He is saying that he town reads you both and so he is therefore willing to let you two take all the risks without him independently contributing.  That is classic scum behavior.  

Ragnar's first post is 34, wherein he posts nothing, and then posts less than nothing in 42, where he says that there is one person he can guarantee is not town.... someone who is not even in the game.  To his credit, nothing had really happened thus far but he also wasn't doing anything to make anything happen.  He's just kind of there.  Making his presence known, and nothing else.   Vote count at 51, Ragnar is still doing nothing.  I prompt him at 64, and nothing.   Vote count at 76, and 84, and 101....  nothing.  No posts other than pulp.  He is not active or engaged.  He is not invested in sorting town from scum, or even participating in conversations.  

It takes Ragnar until 113 to do anything even semi-substantive.   He posts a read list that does not take positions but does not take a hard position other than to say that he is "scum more often than not".  I thought that was actually pretty funny, but it felt like WIFOM.   Very subtle, funny, playful... but not moving the ball forward.  He acknowledges this in his post by saying "not the best, I know".   Why isn't he posting a list of reads to let people, in particular me, know what he is thinking?  It's because he isn't reading the OP and therefore doesn't have thoughts on the game's progression.  The reads were superficial and he missed several critical details, which I think you noted.  Ragnar said that I didn't even know if I was town or scum; but I clearly said that I was only tempted to not read my role PM.   Moreover, Ragnar list of "reads" isn't even a list of reads.  It's just a non-committal summary, largely wrong, without even a statement of affiliation for anyone.  There is no read on Danielle.  He simply notes that TUF's posts 6 and 14 are "worth reviewing" and while that is a sort of alluding to an FOS, he doesn't even come out and say it.   He leaves it there.  He similarly is just summarizing Objectivity's posts, your posts, Sui's posts, and Oro's posts and does this with like one line of analysis.   So I am now trying to figure out why even post it?  I've seen Ragnar's town play, and while I think I've seen his scum play, this isn't his town play.  He usually has narrow and fairly precise insight with reads.  I am not seeing narrow or precise insight.  I'm not even seeing insight.  I'm seeing a list of reads that does not even reflect that he is reading the DP.   That kind of apathy suggests an informed perspective to me, and therefore suggests that he is scum.   He also doesn't even read Airmax but VTL's him in 114, only after Sui had VTL'd Max, and repeats the prior mistake where he claimed I said I didn't read my role PM in 122

More than 100 posts pass before Ragnar is heard from again in 262, which was another nothing post.  But 269 is important:

I'm a firm believer in there being two types of scum. There are mafia who are forced to be scum, and townsmen who choose to be scum. Getting rid of the first is how the game is won,  but removing the second isn't so bad.

Of course I did not know you were at work. Sorry about that, i did not mean to be an ass. I'll keep your schedule in mind the remaining days.

Unvote
So Ragnar is saying what the thinks town should be doing, albeit in a vague and sort of noncommittal way, but he is doing nothing to either generate activity or enable the the identification of town and scum players.  He is just lurking.  He is not posting analysis.  He is not asking questions.  He is not trying to figure out who is town and who is scum.  Presumably because he knows, which is why he is so easy to explain away scummy behavior of others (i.e., Airmax) so as to avoid the indignity of being caught on a mislynch and potentially exposing himself to subsequent pressure?  Remember Ragnar is unvoting Airmax at 269, and continuing to explain away more potential scum behavior (even if I think the assessment is wrong) at 310 and 317. 

But where are his reads?  He is vaguely responding to questions, explaining away why he thinks other people's potential scum reads are not scum, but he isn't even willing to take a firm position on who is town and who is scum, more than 300 posts into DP1.   Ragnar first posts a list of reads at 331, at exactly 1:20 PM by my clock on DART, just about 45 minutes after I prodded him here.  So he is lurking, not posting reads, and avoding taking a position on anything other than suggesting why people are wrong about who is scum up until this point.  He replies to Danielle agreeing with me that he needs to post reads.

In 331, Ragnar is still not doing anything useful.  In fact he is only saying that he would be willing to sheep you or Danielle, so he is going to have you two blaze the trail while he follows.  Excellent scum strategy.  If you're right he looks pro-town while knowing you're pushing mislynches, but if scum he can say "I was just sheeping Dani and Zaradi!"  Potentially he is setting you up for a mislynch because if you lead a wagon and are wrong, it's not hard to figure out what comes next.  This is especially important where you led a wagon on TUF, which is one reason why I think the potential that Ragnar and TUF are both scum is very very low.   I also think there is no chance of Ragnar and Danielle because Danielle is town.  The only scum read he makes is on Objectivity, who if it turns out flips scum this could be a very convenient way for Ragnar to put distance between him and objectivity.  But still, he VTL's Sui for reasons that begin and end in OMGUS.  This is not the kind of analysis I expect from town Ragnar; this is the kind of analysis I expect from scum Ragnar who knows who is town and scum and who is having a hard time ignoring the fact that he knows the affiliations.   

That was the point at which I was willing to VTL him for death. 

coal
coal
-->
@Objectivity
If we lynch ragnar and he flips town what is your next move?
That will depend on who is on the lynch and where they fall in the wagon. 
coal
coal
I want everyone's thoughts on the Ragnar lynch, as well.  Not just Zaradi's. 
Lunatic
Debates: 3
Lunatic
-->
@Lucky
unvote, vtl ragnar.

Lucky vc?
Objectivity
Debates: 0
Objectivity
-->
@Lunatic
ragnar needs 1 more person to be hammered 
coal
coal
-->
@Lunatic
Thanks, but please explain whether you agree with what I said in 421 and why.  If you disagree please explain why.  I need to know where your head is at on this. 
Lunatic
Lunatic
-->
@coal
Bit busy at the moment with a fre drill at work. Shouldn't take more than an hour. Ive explained my thoughts on ragnar so I'm nkt sure what you are asking for.
coal
coal
-->
@Lunatic
I just want to know whether you agree with what I said, whether you disagree with it, and why for each.  If you agree, I want to know why.  If you disagree I want to know why.

I also want others to weigh in.  
coal
coal
-->
@Lucky
MOD:  POST A VOTE COUNT.

ALL - 

DO NOT HAMMER UNTIL MAX WEIGHS IN ON WHAT IS HAPPENING, AND AFTER LUCKY POSTS A VOTE COUNT!!!

IT IS CRITICAL THAT MAX WEIGH IN ON THIS LYNCH BEFORE IT HAPPENS, IF IT IS GOING TO HAPPEN.

nac 
coal
coal
-->
@Zaradi
I need you to weigh in on Ragnar's lynch, since I don't think you're presently voting for him.  I need to know if you agree with what I said in 224 or if you disagree and why, for each. 
coal
coal
-->
@Objectivity
I especially need you to weigh in on Ragnar's lynch.  To the fullest extent possible, indicate whether you agree or disagree with the points I made in 224 and why.  If you disagree with them I specifically want to know why.  I want to know if you are willing to hammer Ragnar, and why or why not.  
Objectivity
Objectivity
-->
@coal
About to pick up dinner but I will give my input on a Ragnar lynch within the hour
Danielle
Danielle
Sui should also comment in addition to Airmax. Oro should post again as well. 

@coal I skimmed your post because I TR you for now, so don't feel the need to get caught up. It seems you basically said Ragnar hasn't contributed and refused to give reads despite being asked and I agree with that. 
Objectivity
Objectivity
-->
@coal
Do you mean 421?  I don't see anything in 224 about you making multiple points
coal
coal
-->
@Objectivity
yes
coal
coal
-->
@Danielle
I am pretty convinced you're town so I assume you would agree with most of what I said. No worries. 
Lunatic
Lunatic
-->
@coal
I just want to know whether you agree with what I said, whether you disagree with it, and why for each.  If you agree, I want to know why.  If you disagree I want to know why.

I also want others to weigh in.  

I hadn't read it yet when I responded, but I just did.

But yeah I agree with the gist of what you are saying, and I also think that ragnar probably would care a little more about the game and scum hunting if he was town. To further elaborate, check out the role pass quickfire I hosted a couple months ago. His town play there is a stark contrast to his gameplay here. The hammer in the nail was his last response to me though, and the non-read on Objectivity, who is my other scum read at the moment. 
coal
coal
-->
@Lunatic
@Objectivity
@Zaradi
I'll tell you where I'm at with Ragnar and why; make up your own mind and tell me whether you agree.   

On a very high level, Ragnar has shown the least interest of anyone here in posting reads, reading and engaging with the DP, and sorting scum and town from one another.  Adding to that the fact that he is not engaging with anyone, his thought process isn't even evolving; it's not even happening, which raises the obvious question of why.  Why isn't his thought process evolving and why is the only actual scum read he has made being based on OMGUS logic against Sui?  Looks to me like it's because he knows, which is why his reads aren't evolving as the facts develop. 

The reads he posts, few as they are, are not even reads but summaries of activity which look more like he is trying to appear to engage in pro-town actions but he can't get past the fact that he knows the affiliations and he has other things going on.  He says he is willing to sheep you or Danielle, and that would be very convenient if it turned out that either of you pushed a mislynch.  If you're right he gets the credit for being on the lynch; if you're wrong he claims that it was you guys and not him that made the error and he uses the fact that he was sheeping to avoid suspicion on him.  Except that's not how it works.  If he was sheeping you because he actually agreed with your reads/analysis then that would be one thing, but he isn't saying that at all.   He is saying that he town reads you both and so he is therefore willing to let you two take all the risks without him independently contributing.  That is classic scum behavior.  

Ragnar's first post is 34, wherein he posts nothing, and then posts less than nothing in 42, where he says that there is one person he can guarantee is not town.... someone who is not even in the game.  To his credit, nothing had really happened thus far but he also wasn't doing anything to make anything happen.  He's just kind of there.  Making his presence known, and nothing else.   Vote count at 51, Ragnar is still doing nothing.  I prompt him at 64, and nothing.   Vote count at 76, and 84, and 101....  nothing.  No posts other than pulp.  He is not active or engaged.  He is not invested in sorting town from scum, or even participating in conversations.  

It takes Ragnar until 113 to do anything even semi-substantive.   He posts a read list that does not take positions but does not take a hard position other than to say that he is "scum more often than not".  I thought that was actually pretty funny, but it felt like WIFOM.   Very subtle, funny, playful... but not moving the ball forward.  He acknowledges this in his post by saying "not the best, I know".   Why isn't he posting a list of reads to let people, in particular me, know what he is thinking?  It's because he isn't reading the OP and therefore doesn't have thoughts on the game's progression.  The reads were superficial and he missed several critical details, which I think you noted.  Ragnar said that I didn't even know if I was town or scum; but I clearly said that I was only tempted to not read my role PM.   Moreover, Ragnar list of "reads" isn't even a list of reads.  It's just a non-committal summary, largely wrong, without even a statement of affiliation for anyone.  There is no read on Danielle.  He simply notes that TUF's posts 6 and 14 are "worth reviewing" and while that is a sort of alluding to an FOS, he doesn't even come out and say it.   He leaves it there.  He similarly is just summarizing Objectivity's posts, your posts, Sui's posts, and Oro's posts and does this with like one line of analysis.   So I am now trying to figure out why even post it?  I've seen Ragnar's town play, and while I think I've seen his scum play, this isn't his town play.  He usually has narrow and fairly precise insight with reads.  I am not seeing narrow or precise insight.  I'm not even seeing insight.  I'm seeing a list of reads that does not even reflect that he is reading the DP.   That kind of apathy suggests an informed perspective to me, and therefore suggests that he is scum.   He also doesn't even read Airmax but VTL's him in 114, only after Sui had VTL'd Max, and repeats the prior mistake where he claimed I said I didn't read my role PM in 122

More than 100 posts pass before Ragnar is heard from again in 262, which was another nothing post.  But 269 is important:

I'm a firm believer in there being two types of scum. There are mafia who are forced to be scum, and townsmen who choose to be scum. Getting rid of the first is how the game is won,  but removing the second isn't so bad.

Of course I did not know you were at work. Sorry about that, i did not mean to be an ass. I'll keep your schedule in mind the remaining days.

Unvote
So Ragnar is saying what the thinks town should be doing, albeit in a vague and sort of noncommittal way, but he is doing nothing to either generate activity or enable the the identification of town and scum players.  He is just lurking.  He is not posting analysis.  He is not asking questions.  He is not trying to figure out who is town and who is scum.  Presumably because he knows, which is why he is so easy to explain away scummy behavior of others (i.e., Airmax) so as to avoid the indignity of being caught on a mislynch and potentially exposing himself to subsequent pressure?  Remember Ragnar is unvoting Airmax at 269, and continuing to explain away more potential scum behavior (even if I think the assessment is wrong) at 310 and 317. 

But where are his reads?  He is vaguely responding to questions, explaining away why he thinks other people's potential scum reads are not scum, but he isn't even willing to take a firm position on who is town and who is scum, more than 300 posts into DP1.   Ragnar first posts a list of reads at 331, at exactly 1:20 PM by my clock on DART, just about 45 minutes after I prodded him here.  So he is lurking, not posting reads, and avoding taking a position on anything other than suggesting why people are wrong about who is scum up until this point.  He replies to Danielle agreeing with me that he needs to post reads.

In 331, Ragnar is still not doing anything useful.  In fact he is only saying that he would be willing to sheep you or Danielle, so he is going to have you two blaze the trail while he follows.  Excellent scum strategy.  If you're right he looks pro-town while knowing you're pushing mislynches, but if scum he can say "I was just sheeping Dani and Zaradi!"  Potentially he is setting you up for a mislynch because if you lead a wagon and are wrong, it's not hard to figure out what comes next.  This is especially important where you led a wagon on TUF, which is one reason why I think the potential that Ragnar and TUF are both scum is very very low.   I also think there is no chance of Ragnar and Danielle because Danielle is town.  The only scum read he makes is on Objectivity, who if it turns out flips scum this could be a very convenient way for Ragnar to put distance between him and objectivity.  But still, he VTL's Sui for reasons that begin and end in OMGUS.  This is not the kind of analysis I expect from town Ragnar; this is the kind of analysis I expect from scum Ragnar who knows who is town and scum and who is having a hard time ignoring the fact that he knows the affiliations.   

That was the point at which I was willing to VTL him for death. 

#421 is what I want you and others to weigh in on.   I mistyped earlier. 

Same with Max, Sui, and Oro.  I want all of you to weigh in on whether you agree with what I said in 421, or disagree, and why.  
coal
coal
-->
@Lunatic
Which post was Ragnar's last response to you, just so we are on the same page? 

Thank you for the other link.  That is helpful.
Lucky
Lucky
Official Vote Count

Ragnar [4]: Danielle (180), sui_generis (184), coal (339), Lunatic (424),
Danielle [1]: oromagi (80),
Lunatic [1]: Zaradi (204),
sui_generis [1]: Ragnar (332),
Objectivity [0]:
oromagi [0]:
coal [0]:
Zaradi [0]:
airmax1227 [0]:

Not Voting [2]: airmax1227, Objectivity,

With 9 in play, it takes 5 votes to lynch.

Day 1 ends at 7:10pm EST Friday, May 22nd.

Mod Notes:

coal
coal
-->
@Lucky
#440 is not a vote count. 
Lunatic
Lunatic
-->
@coal
Which post was Ragnar's last response to you, just so we are on the same page? 

I am referring to this post.  Previously I had questioned him about his "non-read" on objectivity. When I questioned him about it he admitted it he had made no conclusion on Objectivity. The read feels shammy, and under the possibility both are scum, convenient to make it look like you are reading your scum buddy when in actuality your aren't harming him at all while getting away with looking like your posting a read list. I would have accepted the answer better if he just put -undecided next to Objectivity's name.  
airmax1227
airmax1227
-->
@coal
Your inactivity is conspicuous

Shouldn't be... During the working hours of a week day it shouldn't be too surprising I am at work and not posting... I mean I get that's what scum trying to lay low would say, but it's also what a busy with work townie would say too...

I think that at this stage of the game, any inactivity scum reads are a bit ludicrous. This is essentially a DDO reunion game... We might have had an average age in our early 20s back then... it's been a long time since we began and now our averages have to be in the late 20s (some of us are now in our mid to late 30s)... so now some of us have lives, wives, jobs and hobs... It should be understandable that inactivity is just going to be part of this game. I am however 1 for 1 in posting as soon as I could. This is also DP1 in a theme-less game, the very definition of low activity type scenario ( at least for me since I don't care for this set up nor am I very good at it). In fact almost everything I've read in this DP is a bit fluffy and otherwise forced as is indicated as well in your post I'm replying to.

and your analysis so far has been weak and inconsistent with your town meta.
How? and how could you possibly know? I've played one game of forum mafia in something like 3 years... Live mafia is completely inapplicable here- it's not the same game... The most recent game I played my town meta was the same it is now in the limited examples we have... very little activity with a few posts at an attempt at providing some limited analysis... so far, my meta has been exactly followed... This seems like a 'throw a bunch of stuff at the wall, and see what sticks' kind of statement. I will however agree that my analysis has been weak, it was essentially an activity post just making my presence known and offering whatever I could - which wasn't much. But the meta statement is just absurd, and dare I say, scummy even.

Like I said with Ragnar, we are 320 posts into the DP and you have yet to make more than one semi-substantive post in response to anything that anyone has written.
I wouldn't even say my posts were the least bit substantive... I made a joke, and said hey yall, and offered pointless analysis for a DP1 at that point that had almost nothing I was willing to analyze.

You need to be more active or I will be at least as willing to lynch you as I am Ragnar, but at least he has posted something.  
I'm here mostly for the reunion aspect of this game. I don't want to harm anyone's enjoyment of this game though, so I will try my best to be as active as I can, but as Luna has pointed out and given reasons for, I'm certainly not going to be the most active player here... I don't want to be anti-town though, so I'm going to do my best not to be lynched for inactivity, and where possible, I'm going to do my best to offer some analysis...

I want your full list of reads immediately
I'll get back to you on that, but I think I can say at this point, that you'll probably be topping it. I don't care much for DP1, since behavior usually fits into categories of inactivity, forced activity, and weak analyzation and responses to those categories... i don't give much credit to those factors and so any read I point out on those instances are generally going to be forced.

However making a case against me that my, if even existent, town meta isn't being followed, as a reason to assume I'm scum, is pretty scummy... firstly, it's impossible to know if I'm following my meta if I've been inactive... if being inactive is my scum meta then you'll have to find a source for that, which you'll be unable to do since I haven't been scum in half a decade from my recollection. Just the idea of pointing to meta reasons for pressuring me or providing reasoning for my lynch is absurd... comes off to me as a scum trying to build a wagon with some shallow logic - and hoping that no one looked into it...

and an indication of why you think them; as well as the person who you think we should be lynching today and why.  If you disagree with Objectivity, I want an explanation as to why.  
sure, I'll get back to you on all this as soon once I've browsed the DP a bit more...

coal
coal
-->
@Lunatic
That is a good point. 
coal
coal
-->
@airmax1227
When you wrote 443, were you posting after having read the DP or only after having come in and read only my prompting you to post? 
Objectivity
Objectivity
-->
@coal
I am not going to dive in to deep detail about why I agree/disagree with you but I agree with most of what you posted in #421.  Ragnar has contributed about the bare minimum to make his presence known but nothing that has really made him seem invested in the game.  I am still down to lynch him by tomorrow night unless someone else hammers first or something changes, but I have a few points in his defense

1) He had the emergency with his girlfriend and is probably busy with modding stuff so he may be offering minimalist responses for that reason

2) Despite being pressured for a while now to give more in depth responses, he still has not.  He's also had an incentive to give in to pressure on a number of other things and has stood his ground.  That seems towny in that he is not letting himself get bullied in to saying certain things that might take pressure off of him

That is really the only thing I have to add to what you said and I still am scum reading him because I agree that someone who knows who scum is or isn't is going to be more likely to have a hard time articulating non scummy reasons for knowing this. 
airmax1227
airmax1227
-->
@Lunatic
Thoughts on objectivity wanting to lynch his number 4 scum read over his number 1 scum read based on his interpretation of the crowd thinking his number 1 scum read could be "useful dp1"?
man, I don't know... I mean if I had a solid #1 scum read on DP1 and I knew there wasn't going to be any chance to lynch them or get further pressure on them, then I'd probably be fine going in a different direction... For better or worse, and it's probably the latter, I'm inclined to almost give everyone the benefit of the doubt DP1 and just assume any statement is an attempt at just finding something to point a finger somewhere and trying to get a result out of it... The amount of discussion about inactivity proves that. Don't get me wrong, inactivity is scummy, but it's also entirely justifiable in this game so far... Thankfully we have 4 days for the DP, and any player who really doesn't do anything, or post at all, or offer anything, really will be a justifiable lynch at the end of it - but not after just a single evening of this game (currently now being the second as far as I know)... I mean at some points in this DP the main scum reads seem to be myself and Dani, and if I'm not mistaken the two of us happen to be the oldest and perhaps busiest individuals here.

So I'm a bit null on this point in itself, though if you could link me to the post where this happens maybe in context I'd have further thoughts on it.

coal
coal
Airmax's last post is very defensive, though he also goes on the attack to some degree with veiled threats that, I think, once he reads the DP he will likely re-evaluate.  In his post he makes some allusion to having sort of read the DP but this post suggests that he in fact has no idea what is happening, and likewise does not realize what has happened up to this point.  That is consistent with his claims of working all day, and reaffirms my judgment that he was not the ideal candidate for a lynch today.  He is also active now to at least post a multiparagraph response to a fairly aggressive activity prompt, and willing to take the risk of sticking his neck out even though he has not read the DP.   That suggests an uninformed perspective.  He has no idea, it seems, that I did not pursue his lynch.  That is, unless it turns out that he tells me he had read the DP in totality before posting 443 in which case I will need to consider further.  In any case this confirms my thinking that Airmax was not the best lynch, as is evidenced by the fact that I did not pursue Max's lynch despite expressing a willingness to do so. 
airmax1227
airmax1227
-->
@coal
When you wrote 443, were you posting after having read the DP or only after having come in and read only my prompting you to post? 
Right now I'm going through the direct posts @ me... I probably should read through the whole DP first (I've skimmed it a bit on my way home), but for now I'm just answering what' been asked of me first... So I've mostly just read only your prompting post... and I'm going down the list of posts I've got notifications for... I'll read through the whole DP in a second, which is perhaps the better idea, and I'll adjust my thoughts and whatnot after doing so... perhaps clarifications have been made
Lucky
Lucky
~~~